View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
My two cents - I would love to see some sense of continuity with these two films and the three LOTR films. That would mean having McKellen back as Gandalf and Serkis doing Gollum. Those two are definites. If there are roles in the second bridge film for people like Aragorn, Arwen, Legolas or others I would like to see the same actors. I did not like Hugo Weaving in the first films but mostly because I think his delivery of lines is extremely wooden and he acts in a style that seems more at home in a Cecil B. DeMille biblical epic. If that can be toned down I would favor giving him a shot for the sense of continuity.

Now to Ian Holm --- sorry but he is just too aged for Bilbo. They need somebody else who looks at les three decades younger and is physically capable of a more athletic performance with all Bilbo does in the films.

Okay - now this may anger some who like to play the casting game but that is as far as I want to go. I get extremely bored by all the wild speculation that so and so should play so and so. "Gee, wouldn't W.C. Fields be great as the Big Wahoo?"

Actors are just so much eye candy who are trained to read lines and deliver a performance that is prodded by a director wielding various treats and threats. I expect them to be professional, to be competent and to be good. If they are not, I expect the director to send them packing ala Stuart Townsend and then recast the role properly - ala Viggo Mortensen.

So speculate away but I have faith and confidence in the team putting this together and will not waste my time worrying about if the Harlem Globetrotters can really play all the Dwarves.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote