Thread: Resistance RPG
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 04:28 PM   #36
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

29 October, lunchtime

There she was! Josh felt a strange sensation of butterflies in his stomach as he looked across at Niluial where she sat eating. He had hoped to see her at breakfast but hadn't, so he spent the morning doing not much. He didn't want to pack just in case he bumped into her and then didn't have the excuse of packing together to talk to her. Now was his chance.

He felt silly just walking up to her, especially since she wasn't on her own. What if she laughed? Another problem was that in the dining hall at Great Smials everything was news, and if people saw the two of them go off together it would probably get around that they were courting. Josh wondered if there would be any way of getting the girl with Niluial to walk out of the hell with them then go away. Probably not. He sighed and took the plunge.

"Hello Niluial" he said self consciously, walking up behind her. She turned, then gave one of her dazzling smiles. Josh blinked dazedly for a moment, then managed to smile back.
"Could you help me pack?" Josh asked. "I'm afraid I'm not very practical. I don't know what to take!"

Niluial nodded. "I'm worried myself" she said slowly. Then she brightened up. "Perhaps we should find Tim? He would know, I'm sure he would"

"No, it might take forever to find him. Or he might not even be around. He might have had to do something at the last minute or..." Josh trailed off, then sighed. Niluial was lookingat him conusedly.
"We could try to look for him if you really want" Josh said glumly, looking at the floor.

Bill stroked his chin thoughtfully as he watched Helios leave the Dragon. He didn't trust him as far as he could spit. Not that he trusted anyone, but with an important job like this... Sharkey would be most upset if anything went wrong. And Sharkey upset was not a pretty sight. Besides, getting rid of them uppity- and rich- Tooks would be a pleasure. Quickly deciding he picked up his pack and left the inn.

"Hey" he hailed Helios and the other two men. "I'm coming with you. Check there's no funny business, you might say"
All three men glared. Bill leered back, pleased at their discomfiture, then wiped his forehead. It was warm for the time of year.

"Come on then" he said in a slippery voice. "No time for dawdling. There's a job to be done"
The man followed, in silence. Bill didn't suppose they had exactly been getting on like a barn on fire before, but he had obviously riled them. Worried about a smaller share of the profits, no doubt, he thought with a grin. This could turn out very interesting. Very interesting indeed...

[ September 20, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link