Thread: Resistance RPG
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 02:17 PM   #27
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Josh looked from left to right, smiling broadly. The rather strange Hobbit, Dury, had began a conversation at exactly the same time as Niluial had. Suddenly he was the one in demand! At the back of his mind he wondered if now Tim was watching. Probably not.

"Hello Niluial" he said, knowing that he was most interested in talking to her. "Have you, have you met Dury?"
"No" she said, smiling prettily at the older Hobbit who looked charmed and a little embarassed. "Hello Dury"
"Hello" he replied, fidgeting a bit.

"I don't suppose there would be much danger" Josh said consideringly. "I mean we are going through the hills for that reason and I don't think the Shirriffs at least would be violent or anything..." he trailed off, fighting the urge to look at Niluial.

"Oh..um, yes" Dury answered. "Yes" he said again, looking confused. "Very well"
With a half smile he wandered off and sat down. Josh wondered whether he was embarassed to seem scared in front of Niluial. He would be!

"Are...are you worried?" he asked the lass, looking at his feet.
"Not really" she answered.
"Me neither" Josh replied, pulling his gaze up to her face. She smiled again.

"Are-"
"My my!" Paladin's raised voice cut across Josh's thoughts. "Time for dinner already" Paladin continued. "Well, I'm sure you'll all want to be on your way"
There was a general murmur of agreement as Hobbits began to make their way out of the room.

"Goodbye" Niluial said with another beautiful smile.
"Would you... um, I mean, would you like to um... pack together tomorrow?" Josh asked, his eyes still on the floor.
"Alright" Niluial replied. "I will see you tomorrow."

Later that night, just before he dropped off to sleep Josh thought about all that had happened that day. It seemed almost like a week. In the morning he had had very little to think about and now... He was going to have his adventure, and even if he was going to stay within the Shire it was a start. But the very last thing he thought about was a pair of very pretty blue eyes.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link