Thread: Resistance RPG
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 04:13 PM   #18
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

"…report you to those abominations who call themselves "Shirriffs" you may be followed, so you will have to wary…"

"Errr…" An uncertain, harsh, gurgling sound emerged from Dury's open mouth. He was fiddling with his suspenders and kept fidgeting on his feet, his eyes still locked on old Paladin. The man had lost his wits in his age. Well, he wasn't that old, really. Truly, the man just was such a perfect grandfather, and all those cheerful wrinkles fit him so well, that Dury often forgot that the hobbit was still far from his dying day. Still, age or no, Paladin was losing his wits. This 'hike' the man spoke of was a dangerous trek into the unknown! May be followed? Those Shirrifs were sure to get in on this, and their Chief…that Lotho…he could ruin lives in… Unconsciously, Dury snapped his fingers. That startled him back to his own wits, which, no, he had not lost.

"Yes, and by the looks of this group I think you are doing to need my knowledge and wisdom to keep them in line and on task."

His ears had been opened again, and Dury did not like what he heard. Whirling around to face the hobbit who so dared to make such a comment, he put on as fierce a face as he could. Blast these Tooks! And Brandybucks too! The hobbit who had made such a nasty comment happened to be much less wrinkled than Paladin, and Dury could tell he was much younger the old grandfatherly hobbit, though still much older than Dury. This one had lost his wits quite early…quite. So, this hobbit was full of knowledge and wisdom, which would aid them on their perilous journey? Dury shivered at the thought, but quickly recovered his anger. Eyeing the hobbit before him, he could not find this wisdom. Nor anything of use in this hobbit.

"May I ask, sir, where you will pull this magical wisdom from to save us all when we are lost on our little journey?"

Dury clamped his mouth shut. Why oh why? He had just said he was going. There was no way he would ever leave his hole for more than a day, and especially not on business that was illegal! Even a good leaf was not worth the trouble. But that was his wife's family for you. His wife's family… Oh dear. No, he would not live this down if he did not go, and if he went. Oh my, oh dear. It was either the Shirrifs or his wife, one of those he had to face. I would rather face the Chief himself than Mirda, Dury thought wryly. Still, there was truth in that. In fact, if he did aid his wife's family, what then would his wife think of him? He didn't care what those Shirrifs thought, and he would get his leaf…perhaps there were more advantages than he had thought. Besides, he would be home in five days, as long as they were careful. Home, sitting in front of the fire with a pipe full of good leaf and little Mirdy on his lap. Tearing himself away from those thoughts, and keeping a smile from adorning his face, Dury went back to being indignant.

[ September 07, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]