View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 03:29 PM   #5
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello Taralphiel!
Here is the character I would like to play in your game.
Name: Annunfuin
Race: human
Background: Son of Ergond and Hilfyn of Calembel. His parents had moved to Gondor when they married but were familiar with the deeds of Taralphiel. Annunfuin was born the day his father died in the final battle of the War of the Rings in front of the Black Gate. So he got his name ('Dark Gate') which reminds of his father's heroic death. He was born in Gondor and there he grew up listening to stories of the great deeds of men (and hobbits!) during the Great Years. He was always told how his father had been one of the soldiers of the Guard and as long as he could remember he had wanted to be just like his father.

So years passed and instead of playing with other children Annunfuin spent his days practicing his skills in arms. He became familiar with all the weapons imaginable but sword was his weapon of choise. This sword of his had belonged to his father and was given to him when he reached the age of 20. And then there came the day when he was ready to step into his father's job and was granted the black uniform of the Guard of Minas Tirith.

Now he had served the Tower and it's ruler for over 25 years. The time had flown and things seemed to be in order. But for a while Annunfuin had felt a strange feeling in the evenings while watching the flow of Anduin making its way towards the sea. The breeze from the shore seemed to bear cries of torment and pain. And when Gondor received the request for help from Taralphiel of the Swan Wood he knew that those voices in the wind were calling for him. He bowed the kneel to King Elessar and said: "Although my greatest desire is to serv you, my King, I shall ask to be sent on this mission for I hear that land calling for my aid." And King Elessar could understand his anguish and let him go.

Appearance: His name fit well with his looks for most of the time the expression on his face was withdrawn and his thoughts were concealed behind the dark grey eyes which rarely showed any emotion. His dark brown hair swept his shoulders and his raiment was usually dark coloured - grey or blue when off duty - some might describe him as a friend of the shadows. He was tall but among the tall gondorians of avarage height with his 6ft and 4inches.

The darkness was only one side of his character for people who knew him better could tell that it was hard to find a person with purer heart. And when he smiled all the gloominess dissappeared from his figure and his eyes blazed and took on a lighter shade of grey.

-Ok, that's it for tonight I haven't got the time to write the first post. Hope you liked my character and let me play a part in your game. Looking forward a lot of fun! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]