View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #780
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.

Congratulations to the wolves - you were awesome! Greenie, you fooled me royally on the last Day, I truly thought you were innocent. Nilp and Brinn, your split attack before the last DL was brilliant - Nilp going after Nienna, while Brinn swayed McCaber and me into that stupid Sally lynch, and Greenie doing a last minute retraction from one innocent to another. Kudos to sally, Nienna and Boro for voting the true wolf - we should have listened...
I started having doubts about Nilp after McCaber revealed, as I still thought there was a wolf somewhere among the Zil voters, but I hadn't ever looked at him closely enough, nor at Brinn. I had that nagging feeling something was escaping me, but after I'd spent so much time defending myself, there was too little time left to dig into it.
Speaking of Zil - it comes as a small comfort to learn there really was a good heart under your furry skin, and you had in fact a secret role, as I'd surmised! So I wasn't that utterly mistaken as it looked after your lynching, although I tried to keep you from fulfilling your Mod-decreed destiny, and for all the wrong reasons...
And the wolves considered killing Shasta on Night 4?
Nog, Boro - no worry about your suspicion of me, I know I asked for it. This was my first game as an ordo, and I guess not having a crucial role this time made me act just a bit too reckless. For a while on the last Day, I gave in to frustration, but I got over it. It was also the first time I survived till the end, much to my own surprise, and it seems I hadn't seen nothing yet...
(By the way, Boro, it's a relief that we were in the same boat after all. My shaky suspicion of you faded long before the end, but I'd have kicked myself if it had turned out I'd been right.)
Sincere apologies to Kit, Legate and sally - none of you deserved what we did to you! Lommy, we should have listened to you more. And kudos to Mnemo, Nerwen, wilwa and, once again, Nienna - you all were excellent.
McCaber, good choice to reveal when you did - it simplified matters somewhat for me, although we were both fooled by the wolves in the end.
Hakon - that's twice in a row I was convinced of your innocence when you were under heavy suspicion, and was right. If I ever play against you when you're a wolf, I wonder what evidence you'd have to shove into my face for me to suspect you...

Thanks to Eönwe for modding - I liked the grim atmosphere of your narrations. The Night Guard was a great idea, complicating things in a very interesting way, together with the secret roles. (But please, satisfy my curiosity - what was it about Nog's sword an armour? Surprising possessions for a retired bourgeois - unless his name is Bilbo Baggins, of course.)