View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 12:26 AM   #937
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

“Well,” said Diamond as they mamboed across the floor to the spicy Latin rhythm, “I must say that the drum duets I played with LinGalad upon the Saucepan Man’s pans were immensely enjoyable, as was the rapturous applause from our adoring audience. I am much looking forward the awards ceremony, as I’m sure Mithadan has something unorthodox planned.”

She paused for the dip, and the light from her necklace ricocheted off the chandelier and shattered a row of bar glasses. They continued to dance blithely, as the music of Santana made everyone in the room (even those who were sleeping and had been for days) tap their feet a little and feel like dancing.

Got a black magic woman
Got a black magic woman.
I got a black magic woman
Got me so blind I can't see…

“As to the Marquette Scrolls, well, I couldn’t have done it without some investigative reporting on the part of a local newspaper,” Diamond demurred. “But, there’s no doubt they were a great find. Who would not be fascinated by ancient, handwritten documents chronicling the War of the Ring? Scholars from all over the Barrow Downs have been studying that passage of history for nigh on 3 years, now.”

“That does sound fascinating,” the Phantom said in his liquid voice, radiating disarming charm as they set the floor on fire with their expert hoofing.

“I had heard that you were considering visiting the sight, is that true?” Diamond inquired.