View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 09:44 PM   #929
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Now Saucepan rellay had done seeing about everything. Iarwain had suddenly jumped up from his reverie and joined Menelien and Trippo swinging from the increasingly unstable looking light fitting.

Hey dol! merry dol! swing along a dillo!
Swing along! sing a song! up with Elf and Hippo!
Tom Bom! jolly Tom! Tom Bombadillo!

Then, with a mighty clatter of yellow boots and pots and pans, Iarwain, losing his grip on Menelien, tumbled down from the ceiling onto poor old Saucepan.

When Saucepan came round he could just about make out the concerned faces of various guests bobbing behind a familiar bearded face crowned with a feathered hat.

Saucepan Man! Man-o-Pan! Hope you're not to ill-o!
Lay you down! rest your crown! softly on this pillow!
Tom Bom! silly Tom! Tom Bombadillo!

Shaken, but not stirred, Saucepan sat up.

"Oh, oh, seven!" he exclaimed as he counted the bruises that he had so far accumulated at the party.

Iarwain apologised, and helped the Pan Man to his feet. Saucepan was only to ready forgive him, seeing as he had saved him from the Wargs the previous night.

"Well, I don't know! What with Yellow Chicken traps and flying enigmas, I hope nothing further untoward happens to me before this night is out" he thought to himself as he sat back down and took another sip of his strangely intoxicating tea.