View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 12:54 AM   #177
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

About the same time outside the farmhouse in the woods......

Tara's post for Lotar:

Lotar tried to make his expression put to what his words couldn't. Guthwine had let a pack of wolves into the farmhouse, who knew what they were doing!

'Alright! Into the trees all of ye!' he hissed at his own group, who had obediantly slinked away. He was glad he had his old troop under his command. Moving away, he began counting heads. Mentally he had always done this after a raid. He loathed leaving anyone behind.

It was then he realised there was one missing. Stopping dead in his tracks, he waited for Guthwine to move past him.

'Where is Soran?' he said to Guthwine evenly 'You had better know where he is...'

~*~

Child's post for Guthwine:

Guthwine turned on Lothar exploding with rage...."What am I?....A nanny to be set in charge of young children? I told the men to keep close. I went in and got the money box, which is what we needed the most. All the others managed to keep up. It was dark and storming. We could barely see our way. Soran likely encountered one of the farmer's sons who'd already slipped out of the house. There's no sense going back. They've taken him captive or worse."

Lotar growled back, "I'll not have him left behind...."

Guthwine's response was swift and cutting, "Have you gone daft, Lotar? The place is swarming with neighbors by now. I saw them running across the fields even as we left. You'll get all of us killed for the sake of one man who's fallen behind. I'll have no part of it." Guthwine's men, the recruits that Eruantalon had gathered, nodded their heads in agreement and planted their feet solidly in the muddy ground, unwilling to go back.....