View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 12:32 PM   #551
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Non-participation: Anybody who doesn't post for 24 hours will be killed automatically, with the exception of telling the others in advance on this thread. They must post more than just their vote (if they choose to vote).
While I realize this may seem like I'm backtracking, but I don't favor allowing people who are currently playing in the game to post in this thread for any reason, even after they are dead. If they have to take an extended leave from the game for whatever reason then they can just announce in the game thread that they are taking a little trip. While I'm not in favor of trying to force people to play a certain way, I do think that they should only have a limited time to be on said trip. I don't like people who sign up to play and then take off and barely show up. It is hard enough on the villagers as it is.

I think that it is also important that whatever we decide on this issue, we either make sure that everybody agrees with it or The Barrow Wight validates it so that we can make this a general rule above the control of whatever mod happens to be running the game at that time.

I'm not sure "Elf-Friends" is the best term for it either. I would suggest that we call them "Lambengolmor" after Feanor's Masters of Languages that he founded in Aman and who followed him into exile. Pengolod was one of them who stayed until about the end of the Second Age. However, "Lambengolmor" is a rather clumsy and awkward word at the best of times. Unfortunately, it is the only Tolkienish thing I can think of to call them...aside from "Gwaith-in-Mirdain" which is scarcely less awkward. That could be just the “Mirdain”, but I'm not sure we want to go down that road. The villagers have enough troubles already.

EDIT: If we are starting on Friday I won't be able to play because I'm going on a trip for Father's Day and I don't want to be hypocritical.