View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 12:38 PM   #510
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

More stream of consciousness.... I'm no 'authority' on any of this. Excuse the pun, but I am really 'winging it' here.

My initial feeling is that Rôg would likely come with the smaller group because of his desire to keep Aiwendil out of trouble, a role he's performed from the beginning. Don't know if Rôg may also begin to suspect that the old fellow has more to him than first meets the eye..... So, Pio, if it fits into your own plans for Rôg, I definitely think it would work. How many days would you need/want to get Rôg back to the main camp? (Of course, there's always that mythical time condense post....)

Quote:
Does anyone have any plans/ideas as to where Airefalas & Mithadan fit into all of this? I'm kind of at a loss there.
Aren't there three questions at issue here that will determine their fate?
  • Do Airefalas and Mithadan decide to "throw in their lot" with the Eagles in their struggle? If so, why?
  • Does the Council of Elders agree to accept the help of the men, at least grudgingly? Perhaps there is some special expertise the Gondorians bring to the table such as familiarity with warfare in terms of a walled city? The SC would not have this.
  • Once the question of accepting help from the "foreigners" is settled, then the main issue is what happens next with the plot, at least in a general sense. Wouldn't Mithadan and Airefalas be part of whatever that is?

I am guessing that the first two points will be settled by the end of the Elders' meeting and there should be some decisions made on the plotting issue as well. While one option is to have real posters go south and recruit, that could be handled as a brief "carry along" subplot with ghost people (written by those going to the mountains) with the "real" posters going elsewhere with the story.

Another possibility is to get the main plot into direct action perhaps by a little 'trip' to Maenwaith city for a snooping and dirty work. That could include the Eagles and Gondorians (and Wolves as well if that fits.) I mean how can we fight the enemy when we know so little about her and her resources. What has she got hidden in that blasted city?

That option would have the advantage of pulling Wyrma and the baddies more into the story, pushing the story on a bit faster, and getting into a more action oriented mode. We'd have two subplots rolling:

• The main one that would be into maenwaith city and beginning to dig out Wyrma's secrets and hunt for a way to bring the city down both in terms of fortifications and turning the sentiment of the other maenwaith.
  • The second group with Aiwendil, Sorona, Rôg, Ráma, (and perhaps another character?) along with some ghost carry-alongs. Their task is to get the resources needed--the conventional ones like allies and the two special ones that Ayar mentioned: Giant sized Eagles and perhaps a sympathetic dragon.

Of course at some point, we would join up...

Any reaction or feeling about this? Do you want the main plot to focus on Wyrma's city, or do you prefer to deal with the actual recruiting trip first? I am thinking the former would give us more adrenaline, but all this is very much off the top of my head.

EDIT: Hi, Mith. We cross posted....

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 11-30-2004 at 12:42 PM.