View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 09:04 PM   #137
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Nor would I say that I am any more talented now as a reader than I was when I was 11. I was simply a slightly different kind of reader.
Don't be silly. That's like me saying "I'm not a less talented basketball player than Michael Jordan, I'm just a different kind of basketball player".

Of course you're a better reader now than you were when you were eleven (unless you were a very early bloomer).
Quote:
a reader who does not pick up an every textual clue... analyses each passage for every subtle nuance
Whoa. Don't go so overboard. My statement was meant to be a bit more general than that. I doubt there's anyone that catches everything, but people who can come to logical conclusions based on what they read are certainly better readers than those that cannot.

But my comment also had to do with people who lack imagination (people who can't create a rough profile of a character's personality without being told).