Thread: Mad Libs
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 08:14 AM   #228
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril Behind the scenes at the Barrow-Downs ...

Fifteen Giga-Bytes!

'15GB!' cried Gimli. He hewed a two-handed stroke and laid the last trojan virus before his operating code. 'Now my count passes Legolas again.'
'We must stop this spam-hole,' said the Barrow Wight. 'Dwarves are said to be cunning folk with bytes. Lend us your aid, master!'
'We do not shape bytes with mouse, nor with our finger-nails,' said Gimli. 'But I will help as I may.'
They gathered such 16 bit lap-tops and broken pixels as they could find to hand, and under Gimli's direction the Westfold-men blocked up the inner end of the culvert, until only a narrow outlet remained. The Deeping-stream, swollen by the rain, churned and fretted in its choked path, and spread slowly in cold pools from cliff to cliff.
'It will be drier above,' said Gimli. 'Come, Barrow Wight, let us see how things go on the Central Processing Unit!'
He climbed up and found Legolas beside Moderator Sharkû and Mister Underhill. The elf was whetting his black and green monitor. There was for a while a lull in the assault, since the attempt to break in through the culvert had been foiled.
'15GB!' said Gimli.
'Good!' said Legolas. 'But my count is now 40GB. It has been keyboard-work up here.'