Thread: Anomalies
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2003, 12:48 PM   #2
lore_master
Wight

lore_master has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I agree with you Angmar, somethings just cannot be explained by just looking them up in tolkeins books. we will not truly know what beorn is, what the mouth of sauron is, or who really is tom bombadil.

i beleive that the good Professor ment to leave these little questions for his readers to think about. (good thing he did to, or else we would not have this great forum)

Its just like real mythology, you cannot know everything that is the myths, you have to have have things to think about if you are going to believe these things are real.

i believe Tolkein wanted his stories to be actual myths and legends that we can tell our children and grandchidren. he did not want the spirit of myths, and fairy tales to be forgeten. even though tolkein did not realy want his stories to be fairy tales they essentialy are.

if we did not have questions like these, we would not read his books over and over and over again.

my thanks to Professer Tolkein for his excelent works of art. he truly is one of the greatest authers of the century(or rather the century past)

cheers!

[ August 16, 2003: Message edited by: lore_master ]