View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 10:08 AM   #26
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I mean, it was nine posts into the game. It's hard to imagine anything someone could say that early that would warrant a full-fledged accusation. I just thought it was suspicious - a little.
Explanation accepted, Captain Needa - sorry, wrong fandom - but you realise that at least this part of your answer is very generic. Fair enough if it is genuine, but would serve you equally well as a Wolf. But alright, as clarification, noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Sure. By 'courting' I was thinking 'courting disaster' rather than 'courting the Lady Emeldir'; perhaps 'raising the spectre of' would do as a synonym? Boro wasn't starting such a debate - I agree with you that Greenie overstated that somewhat - but by bringing it up, he made it more likely that it would be a topic of conversation, and thus potentially a day-derailing debate in which the wolves could easily hide.
While I share the sentiment on Day 1 debates, I think you are bringing it back a bit obsessively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Can't speak for Huin, but for myself - in the same sentence I also mentioned Lommy wanting to start bandwagons (which is also quite a stretch) and Lottie gardening (I assume she wasn't, in fact, actually gardening). There was also as a telltale sign that I wasn't being entirely serious. That said, I do like giving the anthill a little poke early on Day 1 to see what comes out. I'm quite pleased with my success if this moves us forward from debating the relative merits of hunter-gathering vs farming!

Aside from that, I'm not entirely sure how latching onto someone else's suspicion without fact-checking would constitute a "very good move" for a wolf.
Well, it could be as easily jumping on something that exists (a "bandwagon", if you will, or something that could easily start one).

As for smileys as telltale signs - even a Wolf with a smiley could rile up public opinion in a "joking" accusation (I'd say even better, in fact, because they could back out on the premise that it was a joke). That being said, mentioning Lommy as "wanting to start a bandwagon" is also a statement that could be interpreted as trying to "paint someone black". But at least she said that, while with the other you literally seemed like you picked up something that somebody said that Boro said.

Otherwise - I see the debate has started more broadly. Hui I see continues to ruffle some feathers. I think a Wolf would not necessarily overdo things in such a manner, however, I am not sure if I have ever seen a Huiwolf and how it would operate. Another possibility that now occurs to me is that this back-and-forth between Hui and Boro is some theatrical Wolf-on-Wolf maneuver.

Anyway I'll in the future try to form my thoughts also on others in some coherent way.

EDIT: x-ed with Lommy, Soriman and Boro
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote