View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 09:14 AM   #5137
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I'm quite against any strict restrictions - I'm not against some people going for a super experimental game if they want to - but in general it sounds like a very bad idea. -Nog
Quote:
One of the fun aspects of the game for me is the way everyone's free to construct posts however they like, to fit their particular motive. Also, having to pay close attention to the structure of the post itself will just give me something else to worry about, and I find that already sometimes the stress of the game can overwhelm the entertainment. - Inzil
Same. I'd be intrigued by Rune's twitter-inspired idea that he brought up. At least sometimes the thought is appealing when you see blocks and blocks of texts and feel like you've come back to have to read 2 pages of it. I'm not sure how this could be achieved without a character limit though. Then as Inzil mentions, that game with post limits and character limits just wouldn't appeal to me. That's not to say someone couldn't go on and create such a game.
__________________________________________________ ____
(Where the comment box cuts off on my laptop)

It just seems like it could be very easily help the wolves (who already have a slight advantage to start) than the village, which would add a wrinkle of unbalance I would not find appealing. I think it was Legate who said when he thinks of new roles or experiments the question is "is this phantom-proof" is a good general guide to follow.