View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 02:38 PM   #6
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

The day that the LOTR actors came was the most busiest with the convention center filled to bursting. Lines to get in (because the first panel was Halle Berry at 10:30 in the morning) started forming at 2 in the morning, and by the time I got there I bet there was about 5 thousand people waiting outside in line.<P>The main thing that day that all of the LOTR fans just had to attend was the New Line panel. First they had a half an hour where they showed things about "Freddy vs. Jason" (another New Line film) which was rather boring for me because I am not really into the horror genre of films. Then they finally got into LOTR. First they introduced Richard Taylor and a whole bunch of the people from Weta to show us how the actors got into the different costumes and armour. We got to see three people turn into an elf warrior, a soldier of Rohan, and a hobbit (with feet) right in front of our eyes. We then watched this for a while and then they brought out Dominic so that he could check out if they had done a good job with the feet. After that the brought out Andy and a guy from Weta digital who talked about how gollum was created, and they also showed a short film about the evolution of the charater. After that Elijah and Sean came out (much to our surprise), and they talked a little bit about how it was acting with Gollum, and then they shifted our attention to the screens where they showed a small clip of Sean's film, and then they showed 3 minutes of the ROTK preview from TTT dvd.<P>After this Sean, Dominic, Elijah, and Andy signed autographs for about an hour and a half, even though they were only supposed to be there for an hour. I was in the line, but at the very end, so I never made it up. That was probably the worst part of the day because the security guards kept coming up and telling us that we should maybe just leave because we had no chance of getting up there, but we stayed. And there was about 100 people still in the line when they cut it for the final time, and there was about 500 people around just trying to get in. It was so wild, but I was lucky just to get Sean's autograph as he was leaving.<P>It was really fun though. If anyone decides to attend next year, please tell. Because there were many fans who were doing things like shouting out to their forums and things like that. And it would also be fun for the Barrow-Down people to try to find eachother in the massive crowds.<P>I sadly don't have any photos. I accidently erased all my photos on my digital camera, including the ones of me with Andy and Richard <p>[ August 02, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]