View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #1999
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Last week I had a quite strong experience during the Old Testament studies course, translating the tale of the trial of Abraham (Genesis 22). It was my turn to read the Hebrew text and translate. That's no hard text, so I could translate right from scratch, so I read: "Take your son, the only one of yours, whom you love, Isaac, and go to the land of Moria..." And even upon hearing my own words, I felt filled with horror - I mean, when you look at it (or hear it - you may try saying it aloud), doesn't it really sound all too scary?

I just imagined Abraham by the dark pool, carrying some firewood on his back, knocking on the door with the hilt of his dagger and saying "Mellon!", while his poor son keeps looking around in terror...
Oh my goodness - I cannot tell you how much I laughed when I read that! It's blasphemous-ly amazing...

You know you're obsessed when on long drives you start identifying landmarks that resemble locations in Middle Earth. I found a perfect Edoras on my last trip.

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote