View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 05:39 PM   #95
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

A hole in the wall! Lara felt exhilerated. Ered, thank you for helping me. she said silently. Pain threatened to overwhelm her agin, but Lara pushed it away to deal with later. She had to get the children. The Orcs were preoccupied with Farien's escape- only one was left at the entrance of the cave, and he looked worried if such a thing was possible. But I must be careful...

Quietly she crept through the opening in the rock. Those monsters chose the perfect prison! I've never heard of one so easy to escape from. Lara shook her head wonderingly as she emerged. The children... There were many, looking dirty and hungry. Many were crying, boys and girls.

All their faces had turned towards her as she fumbled with the rock, all her efforts at silence could not quite stop sound. We must just pray we will be safe. A soft babble of whispers had grown as she appeared.

"Hush" she whispered, finger to her lips. Obediently the children quieted. Lara gazed around, desperate to see Laila. No, I must get them out. Get them ALL out she told herself firmly. That comes first.

"Through here" she whispered, pointing to the hole. "We need complete silence or you'll attract the guard."
The children began to file through, expectation on their faces. Please let this work! Lara thought desperately.

Suddenly she noticed a blonde girl carrying a baby.
"Laila" she whispered, eyes shining. She reached out to take the baby.
"Thank you for looking after her" she whispered to the girl. "What is your name?"
"Emilia" she answered.
"Georelelia's daughter? Well, you must go through."
Lara looked back. There was only two or three children left. She followed them, and Emilia through to where Georelelia was standing looking at the wall.

"They are going to kill us, we need to get out now" Georelelia whispered to Lara as she returned.
"Let us hope the cave does not collapse" she whispered to Georelelia. "Everyone to that side of the wall" Lara continued.
Geoelelia pushed, Lara held her breath. SUddenly there was a hole. Outside, there was life. Lara kissed Laila's forehead.
"We're going to get out of here, baby"

Georelelia went through first.
"Quickly, children" Lara whispered, standing worriedly as they began to pour out.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link