View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 02:15 AM   #117
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I just got back from Comic-Con down in San Diego. Where I got many things to add to my collection.

I first got a whole bunch of free things like pens, pictures, postcards, glowing rings, lanyards, and pins from the New Line booth. My favorite personally being my FOTR pin (but right now I just found out about a metal keyring that they gave out on the most busiest day, that I kind of wish I would have gotten).

I also got one of those applause glowing rings, it is very cool.

The ROTK teaser poster which was at a discounted price at the New Line booth.

A hardback, illustrated edition of The Hobbit that I got by asking a question at a TheOneRing.net panel.

And my biggest purchase...My very own Sting! which I got for 50% off in the last five minutes of the convention [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I additionally got a beautiful print of the one ring from a fantasy artist that I heard speak at the convention. It is so beautiful, the original was done in oils so it is very bright and colorful.

I feel so lost right now on the site! So much has gone on since I left.

Oh and just to add... I can't believe I forgot to list these... I also got the signatures of Sean Astin, Richard Taylor, and Andy Serkis. Additionally I was only 10 feet away from getting the signatures of Mr. Wood and Dom, but I never made it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ August 22, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]