View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #326
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Very curious about this.
So am I... A lot of possibilities were said in that sliver of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
I don't know that it's ever too early for wolves to frame someone, especially if you can get rid of a dangerous player at the same time.
True. They could have possibly wanted Rikae out of the way just for who they interacted with. I'm not personally the bold and brash type, but their 'bait post' certainly worked on finding the cobbler quickly (which makes sense). I could see Rikae possibly adjusting that for wolf bait Today after confirming G55's role if they were still in the GT.

As for Rikae's vote, looking back without the pressure of the DL, you can see that with the amount of attention G55 gave about that bait post and breaking down the interaction into a more distracting tit-for-tat. Rikae most likely had a hint G55 was a cobbler, even going so far to poke at G55 with, 'A wolf should know not to fall for it, right?'.

Rikae had earlier outlined this as well for her Brinn vote reasoning in post #148:

Quote:
I know, these are the kinds of things a wolf would definitely make sure not to do, right? Right. So much so, it could be used as cover. And an innocent doing them coincidentally? That feels like a bigger stretch to me.
G55 also prior to this has an interest in Brinn, in post #147:
Quote:
It's admirable to make sure you scrutinize everyone, not just the most vocal people. But not voting for someone you genuinely suspect because you think it might be a trap or get messy? This seems to be dancing too easily on the edge of voting whomever works out best for yourself. Brin, can I please request a summary of who you actually suspect?
It's interesting that despite the later confrontation of G55-cobbler and Rikae-villager where they are caught up targeting one another, both had come to similar suspicions.

G55-cobbler could have done so for a myriad of reasons, as we now have the benefit of some hindsight. Echo others, throw blame back for suspicion on them and Pitch, or to possibly see amongst those hiding in the shadow of their arguments who was leaning towards villager or wolf to either help or hinder.

Rikae's reasons are rather interesting, as I don't get the hint in their writing that they've quite confirmed on G55 being a cobbler at that point until G55 really started directing their arguments that way later on. Did they use the 'fake-vote' for Brinn at that time out of true suspicion, a nudge to get Brinn to defend themselves/interact more, or to see who else would argue against/for?

I'll admit I made my vote on similar suspicions, because of who was clustering around G55 and Rikae then and later during the height of their argument. It just was entirely too convenient a place to hide nearing the DL that wasn't involved some way in the G-P-L debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
If Urwen was a baby wolf, I might expect that she would've tried harder to be involved. I definitely understand his point of view - this game means a lot to a lot of us, and I understand the temptation to lynch someone to whom it doesn't mean as much. But in terms of wolf hunting, it wasn't really a strong argument.
Sometimes a baby-wolf may be directed to play quietly by more experienced ones until they're needed, but that's typically when there's a few plans made with their vote the previous Night or an elder wolf to follow in argument (such as pushing a vote near DL). This time though, I don't have that hunch in the slightest. At all. I do have the very strong whiff of pettiness.

As for temptation as a sort of rebuttal against their vote for G55 (obviously for reasons other than game play), that could be a possibility as well, but cloaked in a flimsy argument so as not to seem non-game related and due to limited time. Only say this as someone who remembers when we had to stop playing WW due to personal arguments bleeding over into gameplay. Either way, it's not in good taste.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote