View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #2274
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Another chickified man.
Yes, a highly trained warrior noble who can take out anybody in his surroundings with a sword and almost anybody with a Rohanian/Gondorian equivalent of Mui Thai, who's also beaten the tar out of pirates on the open seas, and happens to like having hands that are callused in the appropriate places so he doesn't mess up the notes when he's playing traditional songs.

He's clearly a sissy because he's into personal hygiene and understands he's attractive to the ladies.

My oh my, women just loathe clean confident men with no fear of... gasp! Lotion!

Anyway, Nog: I've always kind of assumed there was a cow or two on premises, and a collection of chickens. Maybe a goat to range around and keep the grass down and provide milk. In this sort of culture, it would be the norm for somebody to be going out and milking in the morning, for kids to be set to collecting eggs from wherever the hens have hidden them, for buckets of milk to be sitting in a cool place, and for girls about Aedre's age to be boredly churning butter.

I took it so for granted I never even mentioned it. As a center of business more than a farm, they certainly wouldn't have all their own livestock (whereas Degas is clearly the lord of a rural holding where the number of piglets and ladybugs is of massive import), but they'd have the basics: milk and eggs close enough that they needn't be transported.