View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 11:53 PM   #1027
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I assign to Mordor the realization that there is nothing left in your hometown to stay for...

No, I don't mean I won't miss my family. I will- a lot. And I'll miss my parish as much, if not more...

But there is something awful, something painful, about realizing that there is no one remotely near your own age who will miss you- or that you will really miss- if you move away.

Oh, there's lot of people I like to hang out with, and lots of people I like- but the realization that your entire past year has been spent largely as a recluse, and that when you move away, the odds are that the people you hang out with now will see you about as often come then: once or twice a month.

I don't know... that doesn't sound the way it does in my head. So let me simplify: I assign to Mordor the moment when it dawns on you that you won't miss your hometown- your beloved hometown. That there's nothing tying you down...

It's an incredibly lonely feeling...