View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Certainly interesting to read and I agree with the points that the only villain that felt villainous, and thus any true threat to the company (well just Bilbo) was Gollum. So, if Benedict Cumberbatch can pull off the same as Andy Serkis' Gollum, then it may be enough to save the movies.

You inspired me to watch An Unexpected Journey again. I have to say, I think if it wasn't for the useless Azog "hunting" after the dwarves plotline and the cheesiest ending I can remember watching in a movie...in a long time (Azog-Thorin fight with Bilbo charging in to "save" Thorin) then I likely would have enjoyed the first movie. But honestly, those parts are mindboggling awful and left a bad taste in my mouth that none of the changes in the LotR movies managed to do.