View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
AUJ and DOS: Pros and Cons Article

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/benedict-...133900680.html

An article with which I do not wholly disagree, and even quite agree with some things. Mainly that the danger is extremely unrealistic. I do not think that's the greatest fault of the movies, but it's certainly one of them. And I don't necessarily agree with the specifics of Bolg - I rather liked his half-comic appearance. What I'd put istead is how the Dwarves seem to be able to easily fight off hundreds of goblins running at them and running up and down shaky bridges for at least 15 minutes and they're not even out of breath. Not a bit.

The article also brings up an interesting point that the one who felt like a villain was Gollum, and it expresses the question of Smaug: will that villain be just as villainnous?

Let us not succumb to the desire to scrutinize every word of the article and criticize all of it. Not that you shouldn't mention the specifics, but the main focus should be the main focus. I'm curious about your thoughts on the matter. Overall, do you agree or disagree with the points the article makes? And, one more thing. Please stick to the points the article makes and let us not get too sidetracked with all the faults of the movie; there are other threads out for that purpose.

Ready, set, bananas! I mean, go!