View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #61
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Everyone please read this.
This is how I see the setting for the game:
I’ll grant that the river still moves at a fair pace and could be treacherous if trying to cross on horse or foot.

Therefore, I propose that the Bregowarians have a ferry at their ford, with a ferryman and his family who run it.
This is perfectly fine with me. Maybe it was good that I asked (became clear to us all), but sorry to have been putting my ideas forwards so insistencely. Just learning the trade...

Quote:
The attacking Orcs and Men of the East:

This is not a big invading army that is marching westward into Rohan.

What I see for the game are small parties of invaders making more and more frequent incursions into Rohan. They can be gathering information, simply marauding the outlying and less defendable villages, carrying information, etc, between Isengard and Mordor.
We might put the words of the Bregoware March-warden (in my post) in general "brackets". He was understandably kind of over-reacting to the situation (and basically, Sythric was right!). This is ok.

Quote:
Since the two groups are completely discrete entities at the beginning of the game, we do not need to assume that both groups leave on the same day.

The Wulfhamers will have left their village say 2 weeks prior to the Bregoware group. That should leave enough time for the Wulfhamers to come within range of the Bregowarians as they travel south.
Good idea! All of our thoughts have lingered about the people of these two villages' starting on the very same morning - or at least, I have thought it that way (the bells / horns are sounding at the middle of the night in both places etc.). This idea of your's is both logical (outlanders' would hear the alarm sooner) and more flexible (with interest of molding the game).

Even though, I think, two weeks is quite a long time (compared to the overall time, we think, we could manage to the Golden Hall!).

But that should come to clear in its time.