View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 05:41 AM   #41
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Concerning Outlanders' relations

I have a couple of suggestions concerning how familiar old Sythric is with the riders' and vice versa.

Sythric won't propably know either Fion or Eostre Merir. We could think that he might have seen them in some village festivities' or something, and possibly could recognize a face to look like "seen you somewhere". The other way around: if it is not very common to make a career as a soldier among the Bregowarians, then all those who have been soldiers, would be generally known. So Fion and Eostre propably know, who Sythric is, and recognize his face (and know, that even as experienced as he is, he is no great hero, just an ex-soldier).

Meghan should be familiar to Sythric via Raedwald. I propose, that they would have also met. Even though Sythric and Raedwald are not the closest friends, they are ex-brothers-in-arms and in that way, at least buddies. So during the last ten years they must have visited each other at least a few times - and of course made company in common village parties. Raedwald propably has told Meghan some stories about their time at armed service. (Undómė: I will try to come up with one or two funny or terrible stories R. might have told M., so that you cuold use them in the game as Meghan's knowledge, if you wish).

As Osmod's family and Sythric's family share two common qualities (being more wealthier than most others & having soldiers in many generations backwards), it is most propable, that the families know each other, at least at the level of bussiness etc. As Syhtric's brother runs Skara, and Osmod's father runs their place, I would suggest, that those two would know each other well. From that it would easily follow, that also Sythric should know Osmod's father, and from that, that he would know - and propably have also met - Osmod himself. I have some ideas concerning the meetings of Sythric and Osmod years ago, but I quess we can PM about them, if you think this overall idea seems reasonable enough.