View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 02:51 AM   #137
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sorry its taken me a while to get this post up, been busy and all. I'm not sure the way I've written things is what was supposed to happen but let me know and I'l change anything.

Shumita nodded as the cook told her the things she needed to do. "So first things first, you need to make some food for the young heir, and you'd better hurry up, I'm sure he's hungry."

Shumita moved to the counter and began chopping up a few things but soon realised that there was still some leftovers lying around that were still alright to eat, some chicken would be fine. It didn't take her long and she was just about to take it to the guests quarters when there was a loud crash and Shumita whirled around.
The sound had come from below in the wine cellar. Shumita walked cautiously to the door that led down into the cellar and she could hear what sounded like someone running away. She opened it and crept inside. A few bottles of wine had smashed at the red liquid was spreading over the stone floor. She heard more footsteps from above but strangely no one else came down.

Shumita ran back up above to get the head cook and as she was closing the door behind her she saw a figure running off out into the gardens. She cried out after the person but when she followed and looked outside the person had dissapeared.

She returned to the kitchen and found the cook. Shumita asked her if she'd heard the crash and the cook said, "Yes, but one of the new assistants was in there so I thought he'd help you, wasn't he there?"
"No I didn't see anyone..."
"How strange, anyway have you made Earnil's food yet?" Shumita nodded, "Well go on then!"

Shumita went back and got the plate of food and brought it to Earnil who was with Caeran. She left quickly and tried drove off the questions in her mind about the strange figure running away from the kitchens...

EDIT : Hope thats better! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ September 02, 2003: Message edited by: Beruthiel ]