View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 10:11 AM   #43
lord of dor-lomin
Wight

lord of dor-lomin has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
the Valar were under higher orders to wait until the Noldor's rebellion had gone full circle
Quote:
a point after the final offer of pardon is given upon the shores of Araman, that the valar were constrained by Eru to wait.
I agree with this lindil. The Valar were constrained to wait once the Noldor had reached a certain point.

My arguement is, it never had to reach that point. Like I said before, Feanor didn't rebel against the command of the Valar and show up in Tirion two minutes after Melkor killed the trees. There was a time gap in which the Valar could've shown some sign of that they were going to go get Melkor, but they didn't.
Quote:
I honestly believe that if the Valar would've immediately stood up and said something like "Feanor, don't go running off by yourself. We're going to go take care of Morgoth right away, you can go with us and fight him", I think Feanor's misguided anger towards them would've been appeased.
That's what I said in my last post, and i stand by that statement.

My point is, you can't blame the Noldor's rebellion for the inaction of the Valar, because they had a chance to begin acting before Feanor came to Tirion and caused the uprising.