Thread: King Elrond?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 06:19 AM   #6
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
C. and Fingon (died)- Turgon (died)- Gil-Galad (died)- then it should pass to Turgon's descendants- Tuor (through wedding Idril, left ME)- Earendil (left ME)- ELROND
posted by-the phantom

1.After Turgon's death it passed on to Finarfin's descendants, hence Gil-Gilad, son of Orodreth, grand-son of Finarfin.

2. The kingship couldn't pass beyond Turgon, due to the fact that Tuor wasn't a Elf, he was a man, and Earendil was half Elven. I think that only fully Elven peoples could claim kingship of the Noldor. Thus Elrond not being king.Plus i thnk the number of the Noldro would've been few, and the whole kingship would've ended with Gil-Galad's death.

Quote:
There is an easy explanation to this. There was no king. Galadriel was queen of the noldor even though she was not called that. She was Fingolfins daughter and Fingons sister and the eldest of the Noldor in ME at the time of the war of the rings. It could also be argued that if a male elf were needed it could be Elrond, Cirdan, or Celeborn. Hope this answers your question
posted by Dondagnirion.

1. Galadriel wasn't queen of the Noldor. She never claimed to be.

2. Galadriel was the youngest child of Finarfin, younger brother of Fingolfin ,and youngest of all Finwe's four chldren. Fingon was her cousin.

3. Cirdan wasn't a descendant of Elwe, though he was a relation. Celeborn wasn't a direct descendant either, he was either a descendant of Elmo, or Olwe, depending on which version you take.

[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: Inderjit Sanghera ]

"Life is so beautiful"->Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote