View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #10
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm really surprised that this chapter is getting so few responses, after how many people said they were looking forward to it.

Maybe it's because this chapter is so amazing by itself that people don't want to break the enchantment by over-analyzing?

Well, a final comment from me, since I didn't have time last time when I posted:
Quote:
Suddenly the king cried to Snowmane and the horse sprang away. Behind him his banner blew in the wind, white horse upon a field of green, but he outpaced it. After him thundered the knights of his house, but he was ever before them. Eomer rode there ,the white horsetail on his helm floating in his speed, and the fron of the first eored roared like a breaker foaming to the shore, but Theoden could not be overtaken.
This description has always awed me; it has been one of the few that I have always been able to picture in my head (even before the movies), which is neat for me since the words tend to be my picture rather than actually imagining the events. But I think this description, as well as the rest of the charge, which I never really took so much note of until this reading, is amazing. The part about the possible defeat and turning around before even trying to fight, then charging anyway was beautiful.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote