View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #28
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hmm, thanks Lalaith, that's what I thought havering meant, but somehow I was expecting Eomer to be accusing you of something more, well, imaginative.

As for Mr. Underhill's sterling attempt to defend the REB Purists, and M'lady's eloquent reply, I find myself called upon to note that M'lady has already begun some sort of negotiation to move REB beyond the rpg stages: she has engaged an editor who has already completed the work of producing a seemless text. And I would hate to hear any kind of defamation of effort extended toward her editor, who is none other than the esteemed Thenamir himself.

My interest is piqued by bringing Del Toro on board. Does anyone think he will have an easier time of it since, as Mr. U astutely points out, this will be a fanfic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem quoting DT
GDT: There's the scope, and the learning curve, because the amount of things I've gotta learn. I fell in love with "The Hobbit" but I'm marrying an entire mythology. It's like meeting the family of a girl you're going to marry… you get them all, and I fell in love with "The Hobbit" and now I'm familiarizing myself with not only the trilogy--the trilogy I only finally read--but every single thing I can read that Tolkien generated about Middle Earth or about him I'm reading, and in terms of the visuals. In order for the two movies to seamlessly involve into the trilogy, I have to literally put myself through the biggest "making of" ever assembled. I'm going to watch all the dailies of "Fellowship" and I'm going to watch most of the dailies of "The Return of the King." I'll watch as much material as I possibly can take, the camera reports... everything. By the end of the second ("Hobbit") movie, you have to be able to have evolved towards "The Lord of the Rings" and feel that it's a complete continuation.
DT is clearly letting the Jackson fans know he is eager to build a seemless bridge to LotR. He's probably eager to avoid any King Kong size disappointments.