View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 09:37 AM   #90
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
I would take the path to the right, unless someone could give me assurance that I wouldn't be dumped off at the Black Gate if I took the left.

Seriously, though, the temptation would be great to go to the left. I doubt there are many here with more than 150 posts who have not at some point longed to vanish into Middle-earth. The possibility of being a cavalier of Rohan, a knight of Gondor, or a Ranger of the North, however small the chances that I would have such a life in M-e, would tempt me beyond any temptation I have ever experienced.

In the end, though, I would make the choice to stay here in good ol' Regular-earth. Besides the simple facts that I love my family and my friends (and the Barrow-downs - they don't even have the Internet in M-e!), I hope in my life to see and be a part of some real, positive changes in our world. The possibility of those changes in the world I know now, outweighs any love I could ever have for an imaginary world - even if that world became a reality in some parallel universe.
"This miserable drizzling afternoon I have been reading up old military lecture-notes again:- and getting bored with them after an hour and a half. I have done some touches to my nonsense fairy language - to its improvement."
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote