View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Our wonderful forum tools

Recently, in reading around in the forum FAQ and posting guidelines, I came across a little tool I never knew we had.

Quote:
What are the buddy and ignore lists?
The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "Open Buddy List" in "Quick Links" menu of the navbar, you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by viewing their profile or by going to "Buddy / Ignore Lists" in your "User CP".

Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.
I've never used a buddy or ignore list. I wonder if anyone else has?

I can imagine that the ignore list would be quite frustrating to folks such as trolls who deliberately bait and taunt us. There's only so many times one can ignore the red flag shoved into our faces, right? And yet we know we're not supposed to feed the trolls.

So, has anyone ever used the ignore function? I might soon try it out just for fun.