View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 04:40 AM   #563
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
“Hello, Lys,”

Lys started as he heard a voice next to him. He turned and saw two young men, a few years older than him, both tall and strong. The taller smiled and spoke kindly.

“I’m not sure we’ve ever really been introduced, but I’m Léof, the ostler, and this is Javan; he’s visiting Thornden his brother at the Hall. Anyhow, we were about to eat lunch and wondered if you might like to join us.”

The shadow of his fear lifted from him immediately as he replied warmly to the two.

"I would be very happy to! I am hungry, and I know so few people here. But you say you are Thornden's brother? That is great news! I'm sure he will be happy to see you..."

Hrethel coughed and Lys turned back to him. "I think you have some companions to spend your afternoon with, young man. I will not slow you up, and at any rate, I have chores to attend to. Mind you do not wear yourself out!"

Lys grinned. "I will be careful, Hrethel. Thank you for your care." Hrethel shook a hand in his direction. "Nay, it was a task easy to do. I will return to check on you."

As the Healer turned from the group, he nodded at Javan and Léof. "You take care of him. He is strong, and can hold his way, but he is not healed yet!" With this last warning, the Healer shuffled away from the Mead Hall in search of a steed to carry him back to Edoras.

"I am glad I have others to spend the day with" said Lys finally, "I feel a burden on Hrethel, and on Thornden. Everyone has been very kind to me. But I would now ask a kindness of you Léof, and ask you lead the way to the kitchens. I am still not familiar with the world away from my bed!"