Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #9647
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
B: Gem of a comedienne … hear, read … shhhh!
O: Great hobbit, poetically speaking.
ODO PROUDFOOT: One known for hubris in extremity.
K: Do it to wood, if you need boiled athelas.

O: He alternatively sets out for Aldershot.
N: He’s always gassing! (Well, OK, twice. Noted).
EASTERLING (Khamul): Though nameless here, the name of this one is ultimately the only one remembered.

I'm quite relieved to have finally used up all six of my 'Book --' passwords - once I'd written one, I couldn't rest until I'd written all six, (in the same evening).

I can't *believe* I could have used kingsfoil for number 4 and didn't think of it! The K answers were the most difficult ones to find, though, and were always going to be the ones that gave away the password too quickly, I thought. That's why I posted the puzzle with the slightly more difficult 'Kindness' for answer number 4 before this one. And the 'Kings' Norbury' answer in Book VI was originally just 'King.' (The name comes up in a conversation with Butterbur on the way back to the Shire, although Gandalf actually says 'Norbury of the Kings.')

I do quite like the straight clue I used instead, though. And it conjured up a scene from Book 1 very nicely, I thought.

(And Khamul the Easterling covers the actual 'Flight to the Ford,' because he had to be at that - all of the Nine were).

Ey up, don't you just hate those narcissistic pillocks who explain their passwords?

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 05-15-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote