View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #303
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Diamond=
My lorebook (a bit singed but otherwise none the worse for wear) notes that often people are killed to divert suspicion onto those they were erroneously pointing fingers at. In fact, an ancestor of mine was killed for a somewhat simliar reason, prior to her death she pointed fingers at three people in particular, none of whom turned out guilty.
Quote:
Celuien=
If I operate under the assumption that SPM was killed for getting something right, this looks bad for Azaelia, Oddwen, Alcarillo, Roa, Diamond or Gurthang. I wonder, though, if Alcarillo would have agreed to the wolvish plan of attack on Saucy as it’s a little too risky a position to put him in since he voted for SPM yesterday as well as being voted for by SPM.
Diamond and Celuien both make good points. Celuien points out those SpM mentioned as possible EW and Diamond says SpM could have been killed to lead us away from the real wolves and EW. It is also possible SpM was killed, not because he was on the trail or because he was a diversion, but simply because everyone knows how intelligent he is and he would probably be the one to root out the EW. So he was taken care of early in order to keep him from ruining the EW's plans.
Quote:
Glirdan=
Those who voted SpM are - Jenny and Alcarillo.

Now, this looks, as Celuien said, bad for Alcarillo. However, I don't see it like that. The way I think of it, I find that this actually speaks in Alcarillo's favor. Why, if he voted for him the Day before, would he want to attack him at Night if he knew that it would put suspicion on him. And if he was one of the two Wolves, why would he sacrifice himself if there was only the two? Now, Alcarillo is a kiniving player but I don't see why he would be as bold as this.
I agree for the most part that this is in Alcarillo's favor. But it doesn't clear him. Alcarillo could have been anticipating the village reaction and killed SpM knowing we would look at the fact he voted for him. I don't have much suspicion for Alcarillo at the moment, but a bluff like this is a possibilty.
Quote:
Glirdan=
Then there's Jenny who wasn't on that list of possible EW picks. Is it possible that she is one of the Wolves? The way I see it is that if she is a Wolf, after seeing that list, she thought "Hey! He doesn't think I have potential to be a possible EW candidate!"
Couldn't this little scenario work for various other players as well? Granted Jenny voted for SpM, but I think this is too risky for Jenny (and Alcarillo) to attempt so early. But as I said before it is possible.
Quote:
Eomer=
The more I think about it the more I realise that sweet Kitanna would be a brilliant pick from the EW.
Argh, my family was right about you. Suspecting your beloved? What kind of a man are you?
Quote:
Cailin=
I'd stay away from Nilp, who is really too insane to be trusted, even after seeming sensible yesterDay.
And because Nilp is insane I think of him as an innocent at this point in time.

To be continued...