Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2003, 01:02 AM   #169
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Taralphiel fixed her eyes on Annunfuin. He was struggling to find convincing words. She saw pain in him, and she knew what he was about to say, almost before he said it.

“M’lady, your pain is now my pain – and I will in every way to help to carry your burden. I know loss too… But now I know something else: that even in the middle of death and suffering a new life may be born and flourish. From your daughter your granddaughter was born…” Taralphiel looked to the ground, and watched the dead leaves being dragged by the light wind. She felt time drag at her that same way. She felt her life go cold.

“And even now – when all seems lost – love and life will. . . they already have overcome.”

Taralphiel looked at Annunfuin, and held no expression. She could not answer him. She was bound to this place. She was bound to her children, and to her husband. She thought of things to say, but could not utter them. Though she knew he knew her resolve, and that she wanted to meet her end

~*~

Laurel turned away from the soldier, and let Herebrand talk to him more. She did not know hoe to react. The army was not dead, but they would not be that way for long. All her fatigue piled on her. She still had two of her comrades missing, and one in such conditions...She could not think of what was happening to him and keep her anger subsided. She knew she could have stopped his suffering. She could have cuaght him back. And she inflicted pain upon Jesslyn as well. Her guilt had not relented.

She headed outdoors. She needed to find the three Elves, and talk more of strategy. She knew they were not pleased with her decisions, and she wanted to come to a reasonable compromise, now that she had calmed down a slight.

Swords ringing raised her senses. She ran through the streets to see a Rohirrim fending off Wild Men. She could have cheered, but instead she threw herself at the nearest Wild Man, despite her injuries.

The last time she fought, she had lost. She remembered the face of the Gondorian man, the man who reminded her of her father. She remembered what he told her. Her movements became less rigid. Her leg slowed her considerably, but she was no longer in a Wild rage which compromised her thinking. One Wild soldier came at her, and she dodged his sword, and carefully stepped and brought her blade through his back and ended him quickly. She felt everything flow smoothly, and she felt no more rage.

She quickly went to aid one Rohirrim, and sliced the throat of a Wild Man. 'Leena!! Thank Eru!' she said, before she was attacked and was driven away from her. It did not take to long to work her way back, and by that time the Wild Men were all dead.

Smiling widely, she said 'I am glad you are found! There is much to be done! But first, you all deserve plenty of rest!' She held out her hand for Leena to lean on, and moved to the Sick House.

~*~

Gorath turned to Galain 'He will not last more than a day' His brother nodded as he helped pour water into the young man's mouth. He spluttered, but drank gratefully with assistance.

'We will be coming back with the Lady to rescue you. Rest, and keep quiet' He managed a nod.

The brothers did not take long to get back silently through the forest. They found Laurel at the Sick House, helping Lady Leena. They did not take long to pull her aside.

Her face was already lined with cares someone her age should not have. Gorath put his words out simply 'Cartil is dying. He will not wait for your plan to be fullfilled.'

Laurel lowered her head, then gruffly said 'We will go and get him now. This is my fault. I am coming with you'

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]