View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 04:25 PM   #556
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Sexist radio hosts who assume that you don't know anything about sports or talk radio just because you're young and female.

Though I'm not a radio host, I am guilty of the same thing.

But really, can you blame me? The fact is, a majority of the young ladies I know roll their eyes at sports. The only reason they would ever open a sports page is to see if there are any "cute guys" in it.

And so, since that is what I am used to, you can't accuse me of being unfair when I assume a young lady doesn't know anything about sports. That's the way the world works, m'dear.

If you get slow service at a certain restaurant 75% of the time, it is logical to walk into the restaurant expecting slow service. That's not an unreasonable expectation, nor is the expectation of girls not being sports savvy unreasonable.

You just have to prove that the expectation is wrong in your case. Personally, I love bumping into a girl who disproves the sports stereotype. I wish there were more of you.