View Single Post
Old 06-30-2003, 12:00 PM   #19
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There was more excitement and anticipation in the air than Tarannon had felt in memory. And well there should be...Eärnil, heir to the throne, was returning after a five-year absence.

The king smiled as he remembered his nephew, a small child when he had last seen him. Eärnil was eager, bright, and motivated. Always a question on his lips, and--unlike some children--he would pay fierce attention to the answer. He would succeed Tarannon well.

Sometimes, of course, the king wished that he had his own child, an heir to carry on his blood as well as his title. But he had known that that was an impossible wish for years now. He shook his head ruefully. All Beruthiel had given him was street cats, so he thanked Eru that his brother had been more fortunate than he to have a son like Eärnil.

The door creaked open, and Gaeradon walked in. Tarannon stood and walked over to him. "Eärnil and Tarciryan shall be here in, I'd say, a week or shortly under. As I am still finishing up the plans for the new ship models, I need you to see to setting up Eärnil's training and lodging."

They discussed the details, and Gaeradon left. Tarannon went back to his desk, and smiled. He looked forward to seeing his nephew. A child would be a nice change of pace.