View Single Post
Old 06-08-2002, 07:21 PM   #235
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

Monsters:

I have just two dragons - one evil and the other - we're not sure yet...

There are winged unicorns in my faerie world,
and 'cloud mariners' - they are humanoid and ride at the helm of the clouds, bringing rain where it's needed in faerie. Problem is, some have been made evil and bring only ruin wherever they go.

All the evil broods manifest themselves as suits their nature, so I have werewolves, serpents, were-boars, were-what-have-you...

The good faeries also manifest themselves as suits their nature, so I have a phoenix/firebird (yes, I know you know what I'm talking about, Nar and Niphredil and Thinyan and dragongirl [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ), Cernunnos the Celtic stag god, Boltarin the pictish boar god, and many others...

Question for y'all: how do you use your monsters - as foils for the hero/heroine? in unexpected ways?

By the way, Nar, my dragons are geniuses. Clever, mysterious, leaders of armies. My winged unicorns communicate by placing pictures in the minds of others rather than by words. They are my most spiritual monsters. (You folks form 'fww', I feel like I'm giving away too much! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] )

[ June 08, 2002: Message edited by: littlemanpoet ]