View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 03:52 PM   #40
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Gird looked up once more to see the smiling face of the innkeeper. "Oh, hullo, good day to you too." he replied,"hmm, could I please get a pint of warm milk?" "Oh, ok, of course" she said, with somewhat of a curious look on her face.

He walked over to the bar and took a seat on a bar stool. He absent-mindedly dropped some coins on the bar, unaware of the actual price of his drink.

Gird spun around on his stool and looked around the room some more. He looked at some hobbits drinking and having a merry time. It was then that he saw their feet. They were furry!

Until then, he had only heard stories of their feet, and he could scarcely imagine how incredibly furry they were. He stared at them, thinking to himself about if they just let the foot hair grow, would it get longer and longer, and would you be able to knit a permanent pair of socks with their own hair? Or other thoughts, such as 'are hobbits born with hairy feet?' or 'do the women have hairy feet too?' and finally the most ridiculous, 'I wonder if when a hobbit gets old and bald, does he make a wig out of his foot hair and wear it on his head?'

And on he thought...

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk