View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 01:53 AM   #35
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Romenna twisted the knife subtly as she guided it along the piece of ash wood in her other hand. The sun smiled down upon her work. The air was fresh, smelling as it only did after the rain. She was seated on a bench outside the Green Dragon, enjoying the light of day.
"A knife hilt. What a curious thing for a woman to carve."

Romenna looked up from her carving. It took several seconds for her eyes to refocus after concentrating solely on her work for so long. A young Gondorian man stood before her, apparently on his way into the Green Dragon.
""Indeed, it would seem so. What woman would understand the balance needed for such a thing, unless she herself had great skill at the handling of them?"
She gave him a long and measured look. Swift as a chill, she drew a knife from the sheath on the small of her back and flung it to his left side. With a Thowock! The knife embedded itself into the pony hitching post behind him.

The young man looked at Romenna, then went and retrieved her knife. With a bow, he presented it to her.
"I am Delleth, a soldier of Gondor. Such skill undoubtedly has a story. Will you suffer me to buy you a drink, in exchange for a tale?"

"Indeed I will, Master Delleth," she replied, "Countrymen should always honor each other, especially so far from home."
Romenna accepted her knife from Delleth's outstretched hand, and together they entered The Green Dragon.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:39 AM December 27, 2003: Message edited by: Pyroclastic ]