View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 02:29 PM   #15
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman turned away from the small crowd as Cree stirred and her eyelids flickered slowly open as Lúrëaelda held her gently, a look of concern and worry on his face. But as his eyes flickered and his face set into an expression of determination, Aman became sure it was not just for Cree he was worried.

Aman served a wary looking, cloaked elf a drink and he introduced himself, after a moment, as Taurnil of Eryn Lasgalen. He didn't seem to keen to talk just then but, after a few minutes and a drink of ale, he stood, gathering his nerve and approaching a group of hobbits, introducing himself. The Innkeeper nodded approvingly - it was always good to see people reaching out, especially to the Shire folk. Made them feel less overrun.

Looking down, the Innkeeper saw a long, soulful face looking up at her from thigh height. Raising her eyebrows, she regarded the hairy face for a moment, then slipped out to retrieve the dirty plates from around the room. When she came back, Taurin was deep in polite conversation and the yellow eyes were still watching her, from ground level this time. Taking a half eaten piece of toast, unbuttered, from one of the plates, the Innkeeper held it questioningly. Draug's ears perked up and he raised his head off his paws. Half-perching on a stool, Aman let the wolf take the toast from her hand this time, resting his paws lightly on her knees as he reached forward with his teeth. Aman thought of how many animals must have been killed by those jaws, but found herself not in the slightest perturbed - the wolf was as gentle now as Lúrëaelda - and as strange.

Standing to leave the wolf with his toast, the Innkeeper turned to find herself looking straight up into Lúrëaelda's face only a few inches from hers. Smiling after her initial confusion, the Innkeeper stepped back slightly to give him more room.

"I wished to speak with you..." he started, softly.