View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 12:19 PM   #14
Arothir
Wight

Arothir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The elf went and got another drink. He sat down. Looking over, he saw some hobbits drinking merrily. One came over and asked the elf to join them. He walked over, fingers on his sword.

"So," the hobbit said, "who are you? What brings you here?" The elf pulled back his red hood, revealing short, black hair. He had large, black eyes. Then he spoke, "My name is Taurnil. I come from the Wood of Green Leaves. I fought against Dol Guldur in the War of the Ring. I was on my way to Mithlond, so that I might sail to Valinor and join my kin. But now I think I might stay in Middle-earth a while longer."

The hobbits stared at Taurnil's sword. "So," said Taurnil, "Like it do you? It is called Glorthang, the Gold Iron. It is an old heirloom of my family, the House of Guilin, a noble Noldorin house. My father gave it to me the day he left for the havens."

Taurnil stares into space, recalling his father, a Noldorin lord, and his mother a Silvan elf. He shivers, though he is wearing a cloak, as he thinks of days past.