View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #584
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
"Tall with long blond hair? You're going to have to give me a little more to work with than that, since you described your entire race to me. Though - I can't say I've made a point of trying to get to know any of your men."

"Well, I can't say I would know any of the men here, either," Hilderinc replied. "But I guess that will come in time," he added more calmly. "Maybe even knowing you."

He looked more closely at the man as he tried to move past him. Now that it came to it, Hilderinc was pretty certain that he was one of those who have been in the courtyard.

What was occupying Hilderinc's thoughts now, though, were some of the man's words. What did he mean by "your entire race"? Was he not an Eorling? Well, when it came to that, he didn't really look like one. But what was he then? A Dunlending? No, not that, Hilderinc was certain. Hilderinc knew a Dunlending when he saw one, yet this man had no features resembling a Dunlending. In a way, he did look like an Eorling – some of his features were like that, but no Eorlingas Hilderinc knew had such hair, skin-colour or even the overall build.

"Are you a Woodman?" he asked suddenly without thinking.