View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 04:58 AM   #69
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Steam rose from the turrets of the hills and the high spirits of walking earlier that day seemed to have passed completetly and been replaced by feelings a threat and dread.
"I don't like this place much Mattius!" Spoke Faye. Mattius was surprised she was talking to him again and replied,
"Nor I, nor I."

At midday the company was halted by Radagast. They retreated a few feet into the woods to have some lunch which, for the most part, they ate in silence.
"This wood is old," said Endereth breaking the quiet, "perhaps even older than the Golden Woods!"
"Yes my dear, it is perhaps oldest of the woods left in middle-earth," replied Radagast. Mattius looked into the dark trees and something caught his eye. It was a small plant.
"And it seems to have good medicine plants!" he said pointing at the kingsfoil. "Excuse me, I will be two minutes, I have used up my supply of the weed and need a fresh batch." Radagast nodded as Mattius marched off. The weed was furthur than he had percieved and when he got to it he saw his companions as small figures in the distance. He unsheathed his sword on pulled the weed from its roots, thinking to cut off as much as he could. Yet something happened that stopped him, a beautiful small falcon fluttered in the trees above him and flew down to the forrest canopy. It landed right in front of Mattius' face and then with a hop, landed on the Elf-Man's left shoulder. Mattius did not feel threatened but still did not move. Then, to his astonishment, the bird began to talk.
Heed these words well young one for they are the words of Manwe! The protectors know of thee, soon they will make contact with thee. Do not fear them, they are my servants and will guide you well. Go forth Master of Angmarth, Firnlord son of Virnlord and meet thy fate with the Beast and remember, what has been spoken to you, no other must hear. Then with no noise at all the bird flew off into the darkness of the woods. Mattius stayed still thinking about what had been said, Firnlord, was that his real name? Protectors, Manwe? He was moved by the voice of Endereth from behind him and her hand on his shoulder.
"It is time to walk again Mattius, let us go."
"Aye," was his reply, "let us do just that."

[ October 13, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]