View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 07:34 PM   #272
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Hobbits at Elf-Mart

Good evening to you all, and good day to those of you in parts of the world still graced by the Sun! I have come out of hiding to report, in brief right now, on a most unexpected occurrence! By pure chance, I met a fellow BD'er! By pure chance, I mean, she said she was going to be in a town that happens to be 20 miles from where I live, so let's say "chance acted upon!"

I met Alatáriël (look! I did the alt codes and everything!) at the Pulaski, Tennessee Elf-Mart today, where the pictures linked below were taken (all except the very last, which was taken at the cemetery where we walked). She had driven all the way from Texas, not to meet me, but to visit family. This was a happy coincidence! We had matching Sting swords and hobbit-gear, and I suppose people stared, but who cares? As those who follow the Walk to Rivendell and beyond thread know, Alatáriël is already trudging through the Emyn Muil with Frodo and Sam, whereas I am still groping my way through the Mines of Moria. Anyway, our disparate Middle Earth locations aside, we walked through a local cemetery, she clambering over the dangerous rocks on the East side of the Anduin, me climbing hand and foot towards the Chamber of Mazarbul.

I must say, she was a WHOLE lot of fun, and even more Frodo-obsessed than me in some ways! (That was a first for me, in person, at least!) Plus, she has a lot more swords than I do! And action figures and posters and banners, etc. etc.... We did not stop talking the entire time we walked, thus enhancing the whole aerobic effect in the Tennessee heat, but it was as if we were merely strolling about Hobbiton, talking about the weather, other hobbits we know, life at the Green Dragon, etc. More fun than Pippin with two pints in him! (Well, maybe not quite!)
Alatariel and Lyta part 1
Alatariel and Lyta once again
And a third time with matching drawn Sting swords!
A Barrowdowns Tableaux

And with this short report, I take my leave for now...
Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”

Last edited by Lyta_Underhill; 03-28-2004 at 07:36 PM. Reason: add clarification to post
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote