View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 02:28 AM   #130
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Sorry, I said I would post this last weekend but I did not have the time:

On Sunday night I packed my bags not knowing what to expect of the weather, so I decided a mix of warm and cold would be a good idea! I went to sleep rather early that night, it must have been about 8:30pm! I woke up at 4:00 am feeling rather sleepy and a bit cranky! After an hours drive fetching and dropping off things I reached the airport. My flight was long and there were children behind me who thought “kick the chair game” would be fun. So I sat for a lovely 15 hours with a child moaning or kicking my chair!! I got to the Johannesburg Air Port in South Africa. As horrible as the flight was nothing prepared me for what waited ahead. After standing for one hour watching bags go round and round (I was curious seeing that everyone ells was also standing around not finding there bag). An announcement was made “We are sorry, we put the wrong flight numbers on the screen please go to screen no45 to get your baggage sorry for the inconvenience.” By this time steam was coming out of my head. People started to collect their baggage and a while later once ALL the bags were gone I was still standing their. I went to the department of help. They notified me that my bag had been lost or stolen and that if they found it they would deliver it to the area where I was staying. They gave me a wonderful R100 (please note $10, somewhere around there). I gave them hell, screaming and shouting noticing that it would not get me anywhere! I stormed out the airport and caught a Taxi to Cape Town which cost me R50 half my money gone. We drove passed weird tin houses. This was poverty I saw, I felt sorry for all them! I reached Cape Town a lovely place with lots of smiling people. I drove to a place called Camps Bay, a really beautiful place , lucky to see a school of dolphins a site I would never forget. I drove along the mountain with the see shimmering in the sunlight. I finally reached a place called Hout Bay a small but lovely little valley. I drove to a rather nice looking hotel and stayed there for the night!....

all I can write for now.. I promise I will tell you all about my meeting with The_Evenstar later!!
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote