View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 05:50 AM   #16
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>To bring balance to it, I'm not quite that happy that Ian McKellen is gay, or that Elijah Wood swears like a sailer. But these are the guys that have come together to bring our favorite (and only) Tolkien trilogy to life. They do a darn good job of it, I just wish that some of the actors and actresses that are chosen would be a little more of something to look up to, something of a role model for kids. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Whoa! This sounds like the Robert Powell-bashing for being a drunk or whatever, so he's unsuitable to play Jesus. Character does not equal actor.The only virtue I expect of actors is their talent (and all the LOTR actors happily have plenty of that; I do not care about their other vices. <BR>That goes for Liv as well as the others. When I see her on screen, I see Arwen, I do not think of her 'flaws', whatever those may be. She is a beautiful woman, and whatever you think of her performance in other films,you have to admit that in this one she shone. On the other hand, I am not happy at all with her expanded role, but this can't be helped. I'm just happy she was played with such grace and loveliness.